10. Building T-126
Completed on July 1, 1907, it was the original guardhouse and post prison for Fort Shafter. It is the only building of concrete construction from the original Palm Circle construction group. The prison had a capacity of holding 70 inmates. The first Japanese prisoner of war, Kazuo Sakamaki, was briefly interned in a cell here. The building served as a guardhouse until September 17, 1949, when Fort Shafter authorities transferred the prisoners to Schofield Barracks. In 1957, the building became the post dispensary, but by 1985, it housed the Accounting Offices. T-126 Now serves as the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center.
USARPAC postures and prepares the force for unified land operations, responds to threats, sustains and protects the force, and builds military relationships that develop partner defense capacity in order to contribute to a stable and secure U.S. Pacific Command area of responsibility.
Vincent K. Brooks
|25th Infantry Division|
|U.S. Army Alaska|
|U.S. Army Japan|
|8th Theater Sustainment Command|
|311th Theater Signal Command|
|94th Army Air Missile Defense Command|
|9th Mission Support Command|
|196th Infantry Brigade|
|500th Military Intelligence Brigade|
|18th Medical Command|
|5th Battlefield Coordination Detachment|