|Family Readiness Support Assistant
|Family Readiness Assistance Program (FRSA)
|The Family Readiness Support Assistant is here to assist the FRG Leaders of the 516th Signal Brigade and their FRG Programs.
||Cynthia Allen Hoskins
177 Andrade Road, Room #A110
Helemano Military Reservation, HI 96786
|What can your FRSA do for you???
- Attends FRG Meetings to gather and update Family information.
- Attends Command and Staff Meetings.
- Attends Steering Committee Meetings.
- Researches and provides assistance to FRGs in utilizing Army and Community Services.
- Finds and retains locations and scheduling FRG meetings.
- Understands and provides assistance in understanding the SOP for FRG fund audits.
- Gathers and updates contact information for in processing Soldiers regarding incoming Family Members.
- Understands, gathers, and provides required info for Volunteer recognition.
- Submits monthly volunteer hours to the VTS/VMIS system.
- Understands regulations and be resource to FRG regarding fundraising.
- Provides guidance to FRG leader in obtaining Employer Identification Numbers (EIN) for banking purposes.
- Coordinates Child Care for Deployment Briefings and FRG meetings.
- Schedules training for existing and incoming FRG Leaders, POC/Key Callers, Treasurer and other volunteer positions within the unit/organization.
- Attends Newcomers Briefings to obtain information on new Soldiers and Family Members to pass onto FRG Leaders.
- Generates and maintains binders for Squadron Rear Detachment Commanders that contain Appointment letters, Op Ready FRG Guidelines, Banking/Account information, Point of Contacts, FRG leaders, Volunteers job descriptions etc.
- Assists Family Members in contacting their respective FRG leaders.
- Schedules and Coordinates guest speakers for FRG Meetings.
- Creates, updates, and maintains phone rosters.
- Provides newsletter templates for volunteers.
- Provides any administrative assistance to FRG Leader as needed i.e. make copies, write and mail FRG communication.
- Helps develop and distribute unit newsletters, announcements and flyers.
- Identifies POCs and obtains information on community resources.
- Provides referral to community agencies such as ACS, Chaplain, and Social Work Services.
- Assists Commander with establishment and maintenance of the squadrons virtual FRG (vFRG).
|What your FRSA cannot do for you:
- Duplicate or overlap existing resources in the military community, (ex. AFTB).
- Duplicate the roles and responsibilities of the volunteer FRG Leader- FRSA positions will NOT serve as, or replace FRG Leaders.
- Have personal involvement in fundraising activities (coordination is permissible).
- Be involved with casualty notification or direct support of affected families.
- Be personally involved in CARE Teams (team coordination and roster maintenance is permissible).
- Suicide prevention activities-this responsibility belongs to the Chaplain. FRSA’s will refer, as necessary, and report to the Commander, as required.
- Teach Family Readiness Group Training or any other training currently provided by the existing community agencies.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for installation/Army Family Readiness.
- Maintain personal calendars for Commanders, Senior Spouses, or FRG Leaders.
|Return To TOP of Page